Friday, January 21, 2011

Want to start running?

Good morning all! Many times when I tell someone I'm a runner I get the "oh, I could never do that" or "I just hate running" Trust me, I used to feel the same way! I have always been active and fit but had considered running as something I could never get into and had convinced myself it was something I hated, lol.
I took up running at the age of 44! Very strangely it is something that hit me out of the blue! I had seen an ad in a magazine for a new marathon coming to Seattle so I thought it would be fun to be part of history and run in the inaugural Seattle Rock n Roll Marathon. So I followed a  1/2 marathon training plan leading up to the race and
ta da!
I finished without stopping in 2:14:39! It was the greatest feeling ever. So.....if you have ever even considered taking up running I highly encourage it. The Runner's High is NOT a myth :)

The following link is a great way to start even if you have never ran:
http://running.competitor.com/2010/12/training/running-101-training/running-101-how-to-start-a-running-program_7648

OK , off to do my Insanity workout and maybe a run later :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment